Änderungen der Ausführungsordnung zum Protokoll zum Madrider Abkommen über die internationale Registrierung von Marken
BUNDESGESETZBLATTFÜR DIE REPUBLIK ÖSTERREICH
|Jahrgang 2021||Ausgegeben am 25. Jänner 2021||Teil III|
|11. Änderungen der Ausführungsordnung zum Protokoll zum Madrider Abkommen über die internationale Registrierung von Marken|
11. Änderungen der Ausführungsordnung zum Protokoll zum Madrider Abkommen über die internationale Registrierung von Marken
Auf Grund des § 5 Abs. 1 Z 6 des Bundesgesetzes über das Bundesgesetzblatt 2004 (BGBlG), BGBl. I Nr. 100/2003 idgF, wird kundgemacht:
Durch Beschlüsse der Versammlung der Madrider Union im Rahmen der Verwaltungskörperkonferenzen (Governing Bodies) der Weltorganisation für geistiges Eigentum (WIPO) im Herbst 2019 und Herbst 2020 wurde die Ausführungsordnung zum Protokoll zum Madrider Abkommen über die internationale Registrierung von Marken (BGBl. III Nr. 34/2020) mit Wirkung vom 1. Februar 2021 wie folgt geändert:
Regulations underthe Protocol Relating to the Madrid AgreementConcerning the International Registration of Marks
(as in force on February 1, 2021) Chapter 1General Provisions
Representation Before the International Bureau
(2) [Appointment of the Representative] (a) The appointment of a representative may be made in the international application or in a subsequent designation or in a request under Rule 25 and shall indicate the name and address, given in accordance with the Administrative Instructions, and the electronic mail address of the representative.
(4) [Recording and Notification of Appointment of a Representative; Effective Date of Appointment] (a) Where the International Bureau finds that the appointment of a representative complies with the applicable requirements, it shall record the fact that the applicant or holder has a representative, as well as the name, address and electronic mail address of the representative, in the International Register. In such a case, the effective date of the appointment shall be the date on which the International Bureau received the international application, subsequent designation, request or separate communication in which the representative is appointed.
Chapter 2International Applications
Requirements Concerning the International Application
(4) [Contents of the International Application]
(a) The international application shall contain or indicate
|(ii)||the address, given in accordance with the Administrative Instructions, and the electronic mail address of the applicant,|
|(iii)||the name and address, given in accordance with the Administrative Instructions, and the electronic mail address of the representative, if any,|
Chapter 4Facts in Contracting PartiesAffecting International Registrations
Replacement of a National or Regional Registration
by an International Registration
(1) [Request and Notification] From the date of the notification of the international registration or of the subsequent designation, as the case may be, the holder may present directly to the Office of a designated Contracting Party a request for that Office to take note of the international registration in its Register, in accordance with Article 4bis(2) of the Protocol. Where, following the said request, the Office has taken note in its Register that a national or a regional registration or registrations, as the case may be, have been replaced by the international registration, that Office shall notify the International Bureau accordingly. Such notification shall indicate
|(iii)||the filing date and number, the registration date and number, and, if any, the priority date of the national or regional registration or registrations which have been replaced by the international registration.|
|The notification may also include information relating to any other rights acquired by virtue of that national or regional registration or registrations.|
(3) [Further Details Concerning Replacement]
(a) Protection to the mark that is the subject of an international registration may not be refused, even partially, based on a national or regional registration which is deemed replaced by that international registration.
(b) A national or regional registration and the international registration that has replaced it shall be able to coexist. The holder may not be required to renounce or request the cancellation of a national or regional registration which is deemed replaced by an international registration and should be allowed to renew that registration, if the holder so wishes, in accordance with the applicable national or regional law.
(c) Before taking note in its Register, the Office of a designated Contracting Party shall examine the request referred to in paragraph (1) to determine whether the conditions specified in Article 4bis(1) of the Protocol...
Um weiterzulesenFORDERN SIE IHR PROBEABO AN